I haven't posted anything in awhile because my crafting urges have taken me away from beading lately. I've taught myself to knit, which is more portable than beading. After knitting a hat using Robyn Wade's Hemlock Flower Tam pattern, I looked around her blog a bit and noticed she had a list of 40 things to do before 40 that she updates periodically with completions and new additions. I've started my own list. The list items are placed in the order that they occur to me, which may or may not correlate to their importance.
1. Finish school.
(Currently working on the Masters phase of a PhD program.)
2. Publish an article (academic).
3. Enter my beadwork in a competition or show.
4. Buy a house.
5. Start a retirement savings account.
6. Go to Hawai'i.
7. Build a piece of furniture from scratch.
8. Get a tubal ligation.
9. Publish a pattern in a magazine (any craft).
10. Learn and acquire equipment to pressure can.
11. Take a road trip across the country.
12. Learn to spin using a drop spindle.
13. Learn to spin using a spinning wheel.
14. Learn how to make lampwork beads.
15. Knit a wedding ring shawl.